1. Work Study Administrative Assistant (Start Fall 2017)
(Time: 10-15 hours per week. Pay: $13.00-$15.00/hour)
A dynamic role that requires a high level of flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide basic support to the Blum Center for Developing Economies staff. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working on various projects related to all aspects of the Center.
- Maintaining student and course information.
- Drafting reports and public documents.
- Conducting research related to the programs and initiatives in the Blum Center.
- Scanning and posting applications to an online search website.
- Preparing and disseminating various marketing materials e.g. facilitation of email blast, hanging posters on campus and updating social media as and when needed.
- General clerical duties, including answering phones and organizing office spaces.
- Public facing front desk support offering visitors guidance upon entry of the Blum Center.
- Regular posting on social media and upkeep of various accounts.
- Campus deliveries.
- Staffing events.
- Working collaboratively with other Blum Center Work Study Students to achieve common goals.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; faculty, students, etc., both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to produce detail oriented work.
- Intermediate or better proficiency in using MS Office applications (i.e. excel and word).
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Proven record of maintaining confidentiality.
If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Director of Events, Operations and Outreach: Taren Heintz: ude.y1501187669elekr1501187669eb@zt1501187669niehT1501187669