1. Salesforce Coordinator (Work Study, Student Assistant III)
2. Design Assistant (Work-Study, Student Assistant II)
1. Salesforce Coordinator (Student Assistant III)
The Blum Center for Developing Economies enables interdisciplinary problem-solving aimed at poverty alleviation and social impact, operating on the notion that a world-class, public university must be a force for tackling the urgent problems in the world. Since its founding in 2006, the Blum Center’s mission has been to train people, support big ideas and enable solutions. Our five flagship programs are: Big Ideas@Berkeley, The Social Innovator On-Ramp, The Global Poverty and Practice Undergraduate Minor, The Development Impact Lab, The Development Engineering Graduate Minor. Headquartered at UC Berkeley, we have Centers at 10 UC campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of all Blum Center Salesforce accounts including for the Global Poverty and Practice minor, Big Ideas Contest, and Designated Emphasis in Dev`elopment Engineering (Dev Eng)
- Oversee Salesforce administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and data migration tasks based on input from staff
- Analyze trends in administrative data and create reports and dashboards to inform decision-making by program managers and senior leadership
- Proactively improve and customize Salesforce to suit the Blum Center’s diverse needs
- Drive data quality within the Center
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce administration, including database design, installing and modifying objects, setting-up custom reports and dashboards. Have a thorough understanding of capabilities and limitations of the platform
- Proactive approach to collaboration, problem-solving, and improving shared systems and processes
- Experience and strong acumen in regard to handling sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to ude.y1493122888elekr1493122888eb@yn1493122888nedp1493122888.
2. Design Assistant (Student Assistant II)
(Time: 8 – 10 hours per week; Pay: $15.00/hour)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide graphic design and other design support to the Blum Center for Developing Economies, an interdisciplinary hub for understanding and acting on global poverty and inequality. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating informational posters, flyers and other print media materials for events and activities of the Center
- Creating designs within the parameters of the Center’s style guide
Formatting documents for dissemination. Formatting documents for off-site printing per specified requirements
- Working on various outreach projects related to all aspects of the Center
- Drafting reports and public documents
- Conducting research related to the programs and initiatives in the Blum Center
- Staffing and reporting on Center events (occasional weekend and evenings)
- Demonstrated skills to effectively produce visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the client with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable design software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent project and time management skills to effectively establish priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong internet research skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; faculty, students, etc., both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think creatively and work well in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to work both with a small team on multiple concurring projects, as well, as independently
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and be prompt
Students should apply through the work-study portal Callisto or reach out to Anh-Thi Le with 2-3 design samples at ude.y1493122888elekr1493122888eb@el1493122888iht_h1493122888na1493122888.