10 hrs/week, $20/hr
Start Date: ASAP or Spring Semester
The Website Content & Design Manager will help maintain and update the Blum Center websites and contribute to the Center’s web and design-related special projects.
- In coordination with Blum Center staff, implement a web content strategy that aligns with the Center’s wider goals
- Routinely update and manage the Center’s websites, including pages, posts, widgets, menus, and other features.
- Upon request, create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and content layout
- Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary
- Perform maintenance, detect bugs, and install updates to websites as needed
- At least two years of experience in web design, content management, and maintenance
- Intermediate to advanced WordPress experience, intermediate to advanced knowledge of CSS, PHP, and HTML.
- Solid understanding of concepts and principles of digital media and social media strategies
- Demonstrated portfolio of website design/development projects
- Knowledge of current web design trends and techniques
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, time management and organizational skills
If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Director of Communications, Tamara Straus at email@example.com.